Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade both memory and SSD in my  LAPTOP-82NFGO5F laptop? I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit, AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 3.10 GHz, 4.00 GB, 7EE0053F-A1B7-4A8F-9D8E-785999419F91, 00356-02144-75605-AAOEM.

I want to upgrade to either Crucial or Samsung memory (16 GB) and a 500 GB SSD, at the very least.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@boru1953 

What is your HP Laptop 14-dk0xxx  ? For example

HP Notebook - 14-dk0002dx

We need to know what is your machine first.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is the device name, which I already posted in my request: LAPTOP-82NFGO5F. There is no other designation but the one I originally posted. I also gave all the other information about my laptop, so there's nothing else to give.

HP Recommended

Hi, @boru1953 

See this related discussion...

Solved: Re: Does HP 14s-dk0008AX support SSD M.2 NVMe? - HP Support Community - 8203369

See chapter 1 of the service manual for the memory upgrade info...it provides conflicting information.

One section indicates it has two slots, and one section indicates it only has one.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 14 Laptop PC

However, the screenshot on the discussion I linked in this reply shows two memory slots.

That model has the same processor as yours.

If yours also has two slots, it can support up to 2 x 8 GB of memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.