Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming DK0043TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Sir.

I used 8gb RAM DDR4 2666Mhz Merk Samsung

Can i upgrade with 16gb DDR4 2666Mhz Samsung too

So i want have (8 + 16) Ram DDR4 2666Mhz merk Samsung

Can you all help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You could yes. I have no idea what you have now and what you will be installing, but the timings still need to match to ensure that wont be issues. And even then it wont be running in dual channel, or at least half of the new stick wont (which you may or may not care about).

Example:

mem timings cpuz.JPG

A certain other Expert has bad mouthed my suggestion to match exactly (meaning the timings/voltage), but I have seen some do this and have issues like the new stick not be recognized if running side by side with the old.

Bottom line is, it should (and usually does work) but no guarantees.

I suggest using the Crucial memory finder because it will suggest what to use. If it does not work, Crucial will refund your money 100%.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/pavilion-gaming-15-dk0043tx

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You could yes. I have no idea what you have now and what you will be installing, but the timings still need to match to ensure that wont be issues. And even then it wont be running in dual channel, or at least half of the new stick wont (which you may or may not care about).

Example:

mem timings cpuz.JPG

A certain other Expert has bad mouthed my suggestion to match exactly (meaning the timings/voltage), but I have seen some do this and have issues like the new stick not be recognized if running side by side with the old.

Bottom line is, it should (and usually does work) but no guarantees.

I suggest using the Crucial memory finder because it will suggest what to use. If it does not work, Crucial will refund your money 100%.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/pavilion-gaming-15-dk0043tx

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer sir,

What should i use for the best performance for my notebook

8gb+8gb DDR4 2666 mhz or 8gb+16gb DDR4 2666mhz??

Thank you

HP Recommended

If you are asking whats better, 16GB or 24GB, having more wont give you better performance unless your system actually needs it

For gaming, you wont need more than 16GB total.

If you are doing something else that requires more like video rendering, heavy multitasking, then 24 or even 32 might be better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.