Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ax248tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade my hp omen with ssd ?if yes then which ssd is good and type of ssd ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Pratikpowar 

Yes you can add an M.2 SSD and it will be compatible with both NVMe or Sata M.2 drives.

But you need to open the case and look at the motherboard and see if the port is actually there. Sometimes with an HP, if it did not come with an M.2 drive preinstalled, the port might not be soldered into the board.

Pages 32-33 of your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

Its a delicate operation to open the case because of the plastic clips around the seam that snap together.

You have remove the screws, then gently pry the seam apart with a thin tool like a knife or spudger and plastic credit cards.

ax200 ssd location.JPG

Also, brand does not really matter, but I recommend a good name brand that has a good warranty.

Example... Sabrent M.2 drives are a good value for the money and have a good warranty.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Pratikpowar 

Yes you can add an M.2 SSD and it will be compatible with both NVMe or Sata M.2 drives.

But you need to open the case and look at the motherboard and see if the port is actually there. Sometimes with an HP, if it did not come with an M.2 drive preinstalled, the port might not be soldered into the board.

Pages 32-33 of your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

Its a delicate operation to open the case because of the plastic clips around the seam that snap together.

You have remove the screws, then gently pry the seam apart with a thin tool like a knife or spudger and plastic credit cards.

ax200 ssd location.JPG

Also, brand does not really matter, but I recommend a good name brand that has a good warranty.

Example... Sabrent M.2 drives are a good value for the money and have a good warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.