Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-EC1000NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys, question regarding RAM speed.
My laptop is an HP Pavilion 15, this one... https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06647042

OEM RAM is 8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
I have upgraded to 32 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 16 GB),  Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G32C16S4B, as seen here... https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/bl2k16g32c16s4b

My RAM speed shows 2667 Mhz, not 3200 Mhz. What's up?

Does this laptop only up the RAM speed when it is required?
Can I edit my BIOS/clock speed on this device? (Pretty sure I cannot, and it's locked, but just checking...)

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

RAM.PNG

EDIT: Meant to be a screenshot of my Task Manager RAM status, not sure why it is not displaying...

HP Recommended

@FlyingK1w1

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the methods that follow to increase the amount of free disk space on your computer or tablet. Increasing disk space prevents low disk space errors and enhances performance.

• Step 1: Emptying the Recycle Bin

Files which you delete are automatically sent to the Recycle Bin rather than being fully removed from your computer. These files still use storage space. Emptying the Recycle Bin will permanently delete these files and will create more free space on your hard drive.

Follow these steps to empty the recycle bin:

1. From the Windows desktop, double-click Recycle Bin.

2. Restore any mistakenly deleted items by right-clicking each file, then selecting Restore.

3. Click the Manage tab. Click Empty the Recycle Bin. Windows removes the contents of the Recycle Bin from the hard disk.

4. Select Yes to confirm.

5. Close the Recycle Bin.

• Step 2: Deleting temporary files and directories

Deleting temporary files and directories increases hard disk space and reduces the time Windows takes to access the hard drive. Windows uses a TEMP directory to temporarily store files intended only for short-term use. Over time, these files might not be removed and can build up and cause problems.

To delete these files, follow these steps:

1. Close all open software programs.

2. If you are using Windows 10, do the following:

• In Windows search, type disk cleanup.

• Select Disk Cleanup from the results.

If you are using Windows 8, do the following:

• From the Start screen, type cleanmgr to open the Search charm.

• Select cleanmgr from the search results.

The Disk Cleanup : Drive Selection window opens.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Uhhh... 

Well I mean, thanks for responding... I guess.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked. 

Did you... read my post? Or look at the screenshot? You can actually see how much disk space I am using... a whole 2%.

HP Recommended

@FlyingK1w1

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.