Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15gaming cx0001nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI.

Recently i had thoughts about upgrading the computers hardware so I can play magnificent games.

Id like to know which ram cards and graphic cards are compatible with my i5 series 8 baby. 

Sincerely

Bazingalol.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Bazingalol,

The HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0001nj accepts a maximum of 32GB (2*16) of DDR4-2666 MHz memory. You have options from Crucial here.

For replacement procedures, you do have the Maintenance and Service Guide, starting from page 43, and you may also be able to find a relevant video on the HP Support YouTube channel. However, without the proper safety precautions and experience, computer part replacements can go terribly. Therefore, if you do not feel confident, I highly recommend you find a technician at a local computer repair shop. 

Please note that any damage incurred through the normal usage or upgrade process of a user will most likely not be covered under HP's standard manufacturing warranty unless an additional ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) plan was purchased.

The graphics card is non-upgradeable unless you want to replace the entire system board which would basically cost you another laptop.

Kind regards,

Eddy

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.