Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0079tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

product details,

product name: OMEN by HP - 15-dc0079tx

Microprocessor: Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (2.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, 6 cores)

RAM: 16GB

Graphics card : NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

SSD 256

HDD 1TB

windows 10 Version 1909

NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics driver version: 27.21.14.5148

Although I have updated graphics driver Using NVIDIA GeForce Experience and  updated BIOS from HP official website, I am getting very low fps in all game around 20-25 in plugged in and using battery mode.

Which driver should I use from NVIDIA website or HP official website for NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphic ?

I have updated graphics driver from Nvidia on 6/24/2020. But in HP official website, there is latest driver which is release in July 5 2019 for windows 10 1903 which is not compatible with my pc.

Another question is why I am not seeing NVIDIA Graphics driver for windows 10 version 1909 64 bit in HP official website?

I have also checked the input voltage for charger which is 213-214 V  and output voltage of charger which is 19V.

Is there any other possible causes which reduces the performance of GPU?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@D231 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, there are many ways to increase FPS and system performance:

• Update the BIOS.

Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

• Update the graphics driver.

Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, enter your PC model, then select the driver for your graphics card.

• Most games allow you to change the graphics settings. Using a lower graphic quality often improves FPS.

• Close any applications or programs that are not being used.

• Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Creators Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

1. Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

2. In the game bar, click Settings.

3. Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

• Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

To answer the other questions, always use drivers from the HP website, if a certain driver isn't available on it, it only means that it will be available in the next release of update (although there are no details available as to when it would be released)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.