Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 gaming ec1052ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, a week ago I purchased my laptop. The laptop comes with a 256 gig SSD, on which the OS is installed. It has 8 gigs of RAM, and a Ryzen 5 4600H processor. Seeing how all the components are latest and pretty fast, my laptop should boot within 10-12 seconds. However, upon booting, I am greeted with the white HP logo, under which the white dot circle animation plays continuously for a good 2 minutes. 

I booted into the BIOS (F10 key) and the Boot device order menu (F9 key). In the latter, choosing bootx64.efi seemed to do the trick albeit temporarily. Any solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@gamerdude___69

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, exit out from BIOS environment and start your computer normally if computer takes time to start then try to turn off the airplane mode off and restart your computer (just by pushing the wireless button once you will be able to turn off the airplane mode)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Does not help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

disable the fast startup and see if it will help;

open a command prompt with admin privileges and type this command:

powercfg -h off

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
HP Recommended

Instead of that what i did was downgrade to adrenaline software 20.8.2 and the problem was solved.Before this i had updated adrenaline software to 20.9.1 this was what caused this problem. Just downgrade to the version i mentioned this works for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.