Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I have a problem that my second monitor cant run 2k 144hz connected to my laptop, however if i would connect it to the another computer/laptop it goes fine (connection with hdmi, tried lot of cables, nothing helps)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Artim4ik 

• What i your HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z7AV) machine ?
  • what is your monitor ?
  • and how do you connect them ?

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @Artim4ik,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with your HP Victus 16 laptop and connecting a second monitor at 2K 144Hz. There could be a few reasons why you're facing this issue. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check your laptop's specifications: Make sure that your HP Victus 16 laptop supports a second monitor at 2K 144Hz. Verify the maximum supported resolution and refresh rate for external displays.
  • Update your graphics drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can cause compatibility issues. Visit the HP support website and search for the latest graphics drivers for your laptop model. Download and install the updated drivers, then restart your laptop.
  • Use the correct ports and cables: Ensure that you're using the appropriate ports and cables to connect your laptop to the second monitor. For optimal performance, you may need to use DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 cables. Check the specifications of your laptop and monitor to confirm the supported connections.
  • Adjust display settings: Once you have connected the second monitor, go to your laptop's display settings and check if the correct resolution and refresh rate options are available. If not, you may need to manually add a custom resolution or adjust the settings in your graphics control panel.
  • Test with a different monitor: If possible, try connecting your laptop to a different monitor that supports 2K 144Hz. This can help determine whether the issue lies with your laptop or the specific monitor you're currently using.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.