Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen X 2s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having display issues, when the laptop resumes from sleep or from when the monitor is turned on after it was turned off, there's visual glitches on the screen and the screen that's on the keyboard doesn't turn back on even after I press the button multiple times to turn it on

I have the latest, bios, windows updates and nvidia studio drivers installed

View screen shots here

Annotation 2020-07-30 202915.pngAnnotation 2020-07-31 072745.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed the problem myself by switching the nvidia driver from studio to game-ready.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@viv-01

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator. 

2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/"). 

3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").   

Try creating a new user account on your computer:

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I fixed the problem myself by switching the nvidia driver from studio to game-ready.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.