Lukehasquestion
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

W key intermittent operation

HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP - 17-ap020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, so my W Key stopped working correctly recently. it only operates occasionally, takes multiple presses, and even then takes a precise angle/pressure to operate. The key press itself feels normal(no sticking or stopping) and I pulled the key off and inspected it for damage/replaced by another seldom used key/hinge to be sure it isn't a physical issue and the problem remains. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers to no avail. I'd rather not replace the entire keyboard so if there is another option that'd help immensely. I'll be doing a hard reset to see if that helps once I submit this, and shall update once complete if it fixes the issue. If not the problem remains.  I first noticed it during game play, but it persists throughout in all other operations, such as here and notepad. excel, etc. Thank's for your time.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation