Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dc1069wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows/bios is up to date, turned on and off backlight using F4 and command center

I noticed a few times while gaming that the WASD zone would flicker randomly, now it just doesn't turn on

I never let my laptop over heat (max 80 degrees celsius) and its less than a year old.

Any help would be wonderful, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also noticed that there are other users have the same problem and none of the given solutions worked for me.

The links to other users discussions:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Omen-15-WASD-zone-not-lighting-up/td-p/7493380

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Help-WASD-zone-colors-stopped-working/td-p/7243013

HP Recommended

@Omar_Shokrof

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to complete functional test of the keyboard and identify any problems with the hardware.

note:Bluetooth devices are not currently supported.
  1. Download the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

2. In Windows, search for and right-click HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, and then select Run as administrator.

Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows as an administrator

3. Click Component Tests, click Input Devices, and then select the Keyboard Test.

Running the Keyboard Test

4. Click Run once to begin the test.

The test ends when you complete the tasks or after 3 minutes.

For more information about using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.