Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has a 9th gen core i7, 16gb ram, and an rtx 2060 in it. At the moment I get decent fps, but when I open MSI afterburner I see the gpu is power limited, and when I play for extended periods of time my battery loses charge even if it is plugged in. Would upgrading to a 330 watt psu for my laptop help with the battery drain issue? Could it also allow the gpu to use more power than it can right now, as it is locked at around 80-85 watts and is not thermal limited at the moment? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AcoustciChild 

I don't know HP has a 330W charger which is compatible with HP Omen machines or not but from physics lessons, 330W would charge your battery faster. HP designers should know 200W is enough.

If you could find a 330W charger which is (certified) COMPATIBLE with your Omen please go ahead otherwise.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.