Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I used the Intel Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+).  The model number is  AX200.NGWG.DTK.  This is the link for it.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085M7VPDP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Ayu6FbCNTZDCK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

HP Recommended

Also I didn't have to do anything.  I popped it in and it booted up with no blue screen and the wifi adapter drivers were installed and it was active.  Plus it has Hella better wifi speeds compared the the Realtek one.  I got full download speed on my 600 mbps connection.  

HP Recommended

This issue must be fixed ASAP. Otherwise I will be requesting an refund for my laptop and purchasing a different one. Clearly there is something that has occurred to remedy the issue on other similarly spec'ed machines from XMG via a bios update. The bios on these machines is utterly crappy and nothing worthy of actually being considered "gaming". Just checkout the plethora of options that are present on any run of the mill desktop gaming motherboard (not from a system integrator like HP or DELL). FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO OUT AND BUY A SEPERATE WIRELESS ADAPTER TO FIX A FIRMWARE BUG.

HP Recommended

I got the attention of the support staff on this this issue, hopefully there will be a solution in the near future, it cant't be that the only current solution ist that you either have to disable the WLAN adapter and let the LAN adapter crash on startup or to buy a completely new WLAN adapter.

HP Recommended

It's fixed in last optional updates for Windows 10

HP Recommended

Hi @Mitrill, can you please point me to the KB? I cant find any optional update on my PC.

HP Recommended

Управление компьютером 2021-01-11 20.52.05.png

No any KB number, just "HP Inc. Firmware"

HP Recommended

Hi @Mitrill,

Is your installation clean install or upgrade over the existing Home edition? Can you please share that too? I cant see any optional update. Thats why I am asking these details.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have clean installation of Windows 10 Enterprise. Current version 20H2, build 19042.685

HP Recommended

As far as I can see, the last Win10 updates bring a new WIFI driver that allows booting OS with enabled VT. Firmware didn't update since last year.

And after the update, I have trouble with the LAN adapter.

200095900981_424998.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.