Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi @Mitrill, I too have installed the optional update, however now the machine does not shutdown. It restarts automatically. I tried to disable the fast startup, it does shutdown then, however. The issue is not completely fixed.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with Ethernet Driver, after getting HP drivers from Windows Update. 

Later, got fixed when I moved to Latest Insider Preview of Windows 10. 

HP Recommended

@Nithinmohantk on which insider preview build number are you? As there is an update today and I'm not sure if it is safe to update or if all the issues come back

HP Recommended

I am on Dev Channel 21292 , previous 21286 onwards it fixed for me.

HP Recommended

I could see this new BIOS update published for15-ec1001na, hope it resolves these problems. I am currently on F11, the new bios is F20. 

HP Recommended

Also remember to pickup the latest drivers for Windows 20H2 build by selecting the drop down:

nithinmohantk_0-1611254752613.png

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ec1000-laptop-pc-series/32612... 

HP Recommended

I hope HP brings one up for Omen series too.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a brand new Pavilion laptop with Ryzen 7-4800. I was going to follow your link but it just takes me into one of those frustrating - "lets identify your product" loops which makes your whole support site utterly frustrating and frankly appalling - but that's a separate story!

I found that installing WSL1 and 2 in the standard Microsoft way and then rebooting would not allow me to boot. I found a thread on Github (search can't boot after WSL2 install (#4784)) which indicates that it is a combination of Virtualization turned on in BIOS and in "Windows turn on and off" and one of the options to recover was to to change the BIOS setting so I could get started again. Clearly there is something badly broken which I would hope that a reputable supplier like HP would be working on along with Microsoft and I will have to resort to VirtualBox for the foreseable future. This is a big frustration as WSL2 was one of the reasons for buying a new machine!

Unfortunately you can't remove the WSL2 effect even if you untick Virtual Machine support, Windows Hypervisor and Windows linux support in "turn on and off" - I still couldn'd boot if the BIOS vitualisation support (needed for VirtualBox) is enabled so I had to reinstall windows. Just as well I tried to install WSL2 before I had too much else installed.

I really hope you can find a proper solution to a serious defect in the hardware/OS combination.

HP Recommended

I have HP omen 15 - 4800h -rtx2060 and i had the BSODs when installed docker, related to WSL2

It was fixed for me when windows suggested and installed the following update:

Bios Update HP Inc. - Firmware - 15.12.0.0 

my Windows version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)
Never installed Windows Insider programm, i just received the bios update normally

I hope that they will include it too for other models as well, don't loose hope and ask for it.

HP Recommended

Thank you ReMiOs - appreciate some support even if not from HP! I have to admit I'm reluctant to try the fix as adding WSL seems to be irreversible and can only be removed by a re-install of Windows if it doesn't work.

It really is time HP had an 'approved' fix

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.