Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I decided to try HP as I was not happy with Dell support on previous computer.

I bought two HP laptops (different models) at the same time and the warranty was way off for both, way less than 12mths according to HP Support warranty check.

I have registered a dispute for both for HP to correct the warranty date for both and included purchase evidence.

One has been done and the other has not.

I have a case number but I cannot seem to get into contact with anyone at HP to get them to check the progress.

I should have 11 months left yet HP seem to think I have only 4 months left.

This needs to be sorted before HP thinks I have run out of warranty and an argument occurs should something go wrong.

I am in Australia and we have legislated consumer rights for new purchases in this country.

There was no contact email on the dispute case that I received (just says to visit hp.com) and I cannot see anywhere on HP site or the assist application to enter in a case number to check progress.

How do I sort this out as this has been going for a month now?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AngryNird 

Please know...

Regardless of the "pending" nature of your request, the actual warranty status is not affected by checks / delays in the checking process, or documentation corrections.

In other words, you will be OK and the issue will be sorted.

I will ask that someone take a look.  

Should there be a response, the moderator / agent will post back here before using other methods to contact you.

Stay alert and do not contact someone jumping in with an 800 number.  LIke other communities and forums, we have been infested; controlling the vermin is an ongoing process.

For those reading:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

• If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.