Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I purchased a new HP Omen about a month ago.  Not long after I started using it, a message started popping up (screenshot below), informing me my warranty would expire on May 15th, 2016.  I had been told at Best Buy that the laptop had a standard one-year warranty, meaning it should expire in September of 2016, not May.

Was I misinformed; does the HP Omen not come with a one-year manufacturer's warranty?  Or is the information in that dialog incorrect, and if it is, how can I fix it?

warranty.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would recommend contacting HP support and asking them to update your warranty start date. They may ask for proof of purchase, but should be able to update your warranty date.

Here are the US support contacts: LINK

Tim-W-H - I work on behalf of HP. Words are my own and do not necessarily reflect HP.

If you feel my post solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that others can find it as well. Kudos are appreciated.

Kudos are always appreciated!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would recommend contacting HP support and asking them to update your warranty start date. They may ask for proof of purchase, but should be able to update your warranty date.

Here are the US support contacts: LINK

Tim-W-H - I work on behalf of HP. Words are my own and do not necessarily reflect HP.

If you feel my post solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that others can find it as well. Kudos are appreciated.

Kudos are always appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.