Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1088nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I while trying to get my RAM/SSD, i noticed that there is thermal pad under m.2 SSD slot. I would like to know what is the conductivity rating on this thermal pad to see if I could get a better one when I upgrade my SSD.
Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Punitivepeak13
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD drive installed on the PC.
System board (includes HDMI port, micro-SD card reader slot, USB port, WLAN slot, LVDS slot, DC in the slot, and replacement thermal material). For a complete list of the system board, descriptions see System board on page 53: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.  But I had already looked through the manual to see the conductivity of the thermal pad. But it doesn't specify it just like it doesn't specify the conductivity for the thermal paste for processor. 

HP Recommended

@Punitivepeak13

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Welp, no luck.
I contacted HP support and they said "Those core level technical details are not available as the information is classified."
I don't why the conductivity rating is really classified. 
Even if the brand/product number is provided, i could find its rating since im sure HP doesnt manufacture those.

But thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.