Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp laptop 15g-br0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have stopped the window 10 updates even though my laptop consumes more data. Someone please help me out. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@chandrashekar18,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is consuming more data.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Which much data is getting used?

What type of Internet connection do you have?

Meanwhile, I would like to inform you that even when you do not have any applications running, there will be few process which will be running the background which may consume the data.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

This solution not at all useful for me. I know some processes are consuming my data background. 

I am using mobile internet but my office laptop and person laptop both are hp. I am using office laptop with mobile data connection overall internet usage less than 1GB.but my personal laptop it consumes 1GB with in some minutes. 

Can you please trouble shoot my laptop. 

HP Recommended

@chandrashekar18,

Follow the below steps to find which application is consuming more data.

1. Launch Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
  2. If Task Manager opens in the simplified view, click “More Details” in the bottom-left corner.
  3. In the top-right of the window, click the “Network” column header to sort the processes table by network usage.

If you’d like to see actual data usage details for your apps, switch to the “App history” tab in Task Manager. The Network column here shows you the total network data usage of your apps over the past 30 days.

Further information can be obtained by opening the Settings app and navigating to Network > Data usage. This screen displays data usage for traditional desktop programs too, whereas Task Manager only includes Microsoft Store applications.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.