Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

So I have found out that if tpm(in my case ftpm) is not recognized by windows it is due to a BIOS not being up to date(mostly). The last BIOS ver thats available for my laptop is F12 released in 2020.I think it is the BIOS thats making my laptop not supported by win 11.I have seen that when I enable the tpm in BIOS it gets disabled after I exit the BIOS. Someone already said that wind sometimes doesnt see ftpm(amd tpm), but it could be just the BIOS bug.Will hp ever update the amd BIOS?

My laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming  15-ec0006nm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Our team will look into it and once they release the new BIOS, it will be available on the website.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @BonnY0 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. From what I have understood, you are using Windows 11 and you have updated our latest BIOS which is F.12 Rev.A (released for Windows 10).

Please note that HP will release the BIOS for Windows 11 and once it is released, you can update it from our page here.

Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am using win 10 and I want to update to win 11 but I cant since my Bios has a tpm bug and Win 10 cant see my tpm, thats why I am asking will they ever fix the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Our team will look into it and once they release the new BIOS, it will be available on the website.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.