Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-cd054na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my husband has been sold the hp 15-cd054na as a suitable laptop to play the sims 4 on. Can anyone confirm that it is up to the job, in case we need to send it back within the 14 day cooling off period. I have tried to compare the games spec with the laptop spec, but i don't understand the terminolgy. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @JG0101

That Pavilion 15 is a low end budget laptop. It will run the Sims, but its not exactly optimal. You would have to run the game on lower settings to obtain a decent FPS (frames per second) with no stutter.

Sims is not a demanding game, but if you decide to run other games, you might wish you had upgraded to something a little more hefty.

The new AMD Ryzen series processors or an Intel i3 would give better results, coupled with better graphics and more Ram memory. You should consider at least 8 Gigs of Ram for gaming minimum. Your system only has 4.

Here is an article from the SIMs forum discussing what hardware they recommend for the game for great performance.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21609.msg387974#msg387974

My opinion...

It will work, but trying to predict how it will work out for you in a couple of years is too hard to tell.

If possible, I would consider something a little more powerful.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @JG0101

That Pavilion 15 is a low end budget laptop. It will run the Sims, but its not exactly optimal. You would have to run the game on lower settings to obtain a decent FPS (frames per second) with no stutter.

Sims is not a demanding game, but if you decide to run other games, you might wish you had upgraded to something a little more hefty.

The new AMD Ryzen series processors or an Intel i3 would give better results, coupled with better graphics and more Ram memory. You should consider at least 8 Gigs of Ram for gaming minimum. Your system only has 4.

Here is an article from the SIMs forum discussing what hardware they recommend for the game for great performance.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21609.msg387974#msg387974

My opinion...

It will work, but trying to predict how it will work out for you in a couple of years is too hard to tell.

If possible, I would consider something a little more powerful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.