Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en0027no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EDIT: Can’t find the option to delete this post, but  nobody has to reply to this anymore because I changed my mind.

I've seen people complain about the integrated graphics card being used in the wrong situations, where the dedicated NVIDIA card should be the one being utilized. People are also saying that the Intel versions of the OMEN 15 laptops have an option that allows you to use the dedicated card at all times, while this is not an option on the Ryzen configurations. In a couple of threads however, people are saying that the versions with the higher end GPUs (for example the RTX 2060) always use the dedicated GPU and don't even use the switchable graphics feature.

I would really appreciate if anyone knows if an OMEN 15 laptop with a Ryzen 7 4800H and an RTX 2060 will use the dedicated card at all times, or if I will have to worry about the switchable graphics feature messing with me. Thanks in  advance!

Here's the thread I was talking about (they were talking about the OMEN 17 laptop though):

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Hp-Omen-Integrated-Graphic-Problem/m-p/7193590#M20029 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have R7-RTX Omen... and until now, it never disappoint me... The laptop automatically switch GPU based on the program that i use...

For example: if i'm opening game, NVIDIA will be activated by itself... And i can still custom the setting graphic switcher from NVIDIA Control Panel.... But i leave it as NVIDA factory setting...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.