1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Will the Omen 330W charger improve my Omen performance

HP Recommended
Omen 15 dc-0507na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just wondered if the Omen 330W charger would improve the performance of my Omen 15 laptop (originally comes with the 200W charger). The voltage of both chargers are the same so it would be safe to use. 

I understand that the Omen 330W charger has a 7.4mm charger port and therefore I would also need to buy an adapter for this to fit my laptop. The reason I ask is because when I’m playing games and putting my laptop under heavy load the 200w charger gets extremely hot. 

Many Thanks,

Larty

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,759 92,637 11,994 25,570
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Larty 

I can say NO, in your case, higher (than the standard) wattage charger will definitely charge battery on your machine faster but won't increase its performance.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation