Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'll give them three more days, then I feel an urge to pack it all back into the box and send it to the CEO and they can send my money back.

If Windows 10 was released as a "preview" and a small number of users tried it (of those, possible Omen pc owners) then HP should have been notified a head of time, if this is the case they should have nipped this in the butt along time ago.

pnj is entirely right, this is dangerous to a degree and I'll find it really ridiculous and disrespectful if they don't honor my warrenty if something happens to my Omen in light of everything. I used this pc not just for gaming, but for business and communication.

HP Recommended

Me too. Yesterday, my Omen's CPU temperature incresed to 98˚C (208.4˚F) when I render 5 min short animation on Adobe after Effect CC 2015.

But I could not do anithing but put my laptop infront of airconditioner.

When HP provide New version of OMEN cetral OPS that can work on Window 10?

HP Recommended
208.4 Fahrenheit?! That is unreal!
I use my Omen now long enough check my email and my art site then shut it down. This becoming increase irritating, not just me for me but for the other Omen owners.....
HP Recommended

YES. 208.4 Fahrenheit. I could not even touch my keyboard!

But I could not shut laptop down while rendering my project.

This is a fatal defect for high performance gaming laptop.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7577152#Z7...

There is no OMEN central OPS for Window 10 user.

HP should do something for this. 

HP Recommended

I was a part of the Preview program for 10 since day 1. All Omen Control features worked great until we hit build 10122, then nothing ever worked agian. I alerted HP and the Windows team about the issue on every preview build after 10122 that the functionality had completely stopped working.

Here we are, August 2nd, Omen control features still broken. I'm not having system fan issues on my 5010nr, but I'll take your guys' word for it if you are. I honestly have no idea what the devleopment team has been doing up until this point. Extremely disappointed with HP Support and the development team behind Omen Control for not being on top of this LONG before the final release of 10. Things like this just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

HP Recommended

This is my breaking point. I need this pc running within the next three days and I don't have the time to wait for HP to decided if they're going to release the drivers or not.

Thank you for the information ShruikaN. If what you say is true, then they should have been on the ball a while ago like I thought. I too am honestly sick of HP's "hospitality" I have had three of their laptops before this Omen and all of them ended in a failure.

I'm contacting Geek Squad and see what, if anything, they can do.

HP Recommended
I'm not exactly sure why my fans work and yours do not (different sub model using different fan controllers?? Seems unlikely though). You could possibly try to backup all your files and do a clean installation of 10 and see if that will being your fans back online. Omen control, of course, will still be inop, but hopefully it will make your system usable again.
HP Recommended

I tested the fan's after the release of Windows 10 and installation. They did not work.

I did a clean install, reinstalled the drivers along with Omen Control and scanned for updates. Still no function.

I believe you may have been the few and proud that still have some fan control, but as for the majority of us responding on this thread we're still in the dark.

HP Recommended

Trust me I'm not in the least bit proud. My fans may work, but they're only running at the absolutel lowest RPM they can run.

I checked my available sensors in both HWMonitor, and SpeedFan, no fan controllers are being discovered in either program. The only way I know my fans are actually on is I can hear them when I listen to the bottom of the computer, and can also feel the SLIGHTEST amount of air movement from the vents in the back.

I can't use my gaming laptop to actually GAME due to fear of overheating. The only thing I can do with it now is browse the web and program for maybe an hour or two before the heat starts climbing.

I'm in the same boat as just as frustrated as everyone else hear, only difference is that I actually alerted HP to the issues (not the fans as they WERE working in all the previews) they're software was having with Windows 10 LONG before the release. The fact they did nothing about my claims, aggravates me beyond belief.

TO HP: I understand you're a bulk manufacturer and have a lot of responsiblity of updating multiple different systems, but this is your flagship product, and arguably most expensive computer you make. That fact, along with the fact of users actually testing W10 and reporting issues, with no action taken to alleviate said issues, is bad business practice.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lost at least half of the Omen users due to this.

HP Recommended

Yes, and I think you ShruikaN for alerting HP to this issue in advance of the bulk release of Windows 10.

I also stand beside you in the response to HP.

This is entirely bad business practice, I would have  a lot of sympanthy if HP was a small business, but the fact your corporation is so huge you will not have me believe that there isn't more than one developmental technician.

It's also funny (not so really) that you have the time to release a patch for the Omen mouse, but not Omen Control. Really? the mouse is that important?

Edit: After 2 and half hours of talking with a rep. and a hardware technician I finally got some progress. They cannot determine the estimated time of a new driver roll out for the Omen Control, but, they are sending me a recovery media usb in order to take my Omen back to Factory Stock like when I pulled it out of the box for the first time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.