Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15t-dc100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this laptop yesterday and it's been filled with problems. I've fixed just about every single one but I can't seem to fix this one Windows Update error. The error is specifically on the 2019-08 Cumulative Update (KB4512508) and the error code is 0x80070002. I ran an SFC /Scannow and it found corrupt files but was unable to fix them. Any ideas what's going on? I can attach the CBS.log if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Needhelpman12 

Why are you putting this much time on a brand new computer with a corrupted OS? When you get a NEW laptop filled with Windows issues like this, you're better off to simply reinstall Windows back to factory condition.

Does your laptop have a recovery partition on it? If so, you will have the HP Recovery Manager. Go to Start and navigate to HP>HP Help and Support>HP Recovery Manager. It will let you initiate a recovery which will wipe the drive and start over.

If you don't have the Recovery Manager, you have two options...

1. You can download the Recovery from HPs website. It will require a 32GB USB Pen drive.
    HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support
  2. Or you can download a plain ISO of Windows 10 from Microsoft directly. It wont come with any HP Programs, but you can add those later. It only requires an 8GB USB Pen drive.
    Create media Windows 10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Needhelpman12 

Why are you putting this much time on a brand new computer with a corrupted OS? When you get a NEW laptop filled with Windows issues like this, you're better off to simply reinstall Windows back to factory condition.

Does your laptop have a recovery partition on it? If so, you will have the HP Recovery Manager. Go to Start and navigate to HP>HP Help and Support>HP Recovery Manager. It will let you initiate a recovery which will wipe the drive and start over.

If you don't have the Recovery Manager, you have two options...

1. You can download the Recovery from HPs website. It will require a 32GB USB Pen drive.
    HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support
  2. Or you can download a plain ISO of Windows 10 from Microsoft directly. It wont come with any HP Programs, but you can add those later. It only requires an 8GB USB Pen drive.
    Create media Windows 10
HP Recommended

Originally, when I made this post, I didn't know what all was installed or setup on this laptop and I was worried that if I completely reset the laptop that I might screw myself over (as I have with other laptops). Now that I've had more time with this laptop and starting to find things like driver downloads and software downloads, I'm more than willing to just reset it. It also helps that you did show me the Recovery Manager. Although I did do some research and supposedly the update I'm trying to install has problems (random restart or install errors) on various computers. I might wait it out, but more than likely I'll just reset.

Thanks for showing me the Manager @Photoray002

Also, I like to try to fix everything so I know how to do it properly the second time on a refreshed OS.

HP Recommended

Sure thing.

If you go the ISO from MS, here is your drivers page.

But if you do that, just force Windows to search for Updates via Windows Updates. It will pretty much install all the drivers needed itself.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-dc1000-laptop-pc-series/26122182/mode...

The Omen Command Center will have to be downloaded from the Windows Store separately.

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Plus install these two files for it...

OMEN Command Center SDK  sp95690.exe

HP System Event Utility  sp88257.exe

Then force Windows Updates again a couple of times (even if it shows its up to date) to get the HID files needed.

I don't recommend updating the bios unless its absolutely needed. Only because if it fails and corrupts during install, it might brick your system. But you are under warranty for a year, so you are good to go either way for a while. But only manually install the bios from the drivers page above. Currently its version F.12

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.