Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 17-ap0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello everyone,

Not really a question but more of a comment on the worst laptop I have ever had. I had not had an HP for years and when my Lenovo had a HD failure after years of use I decided to replace the laptop with something else. I fixed the old Lenovo and my son uses it still to this day. I purchased an Omen 15" and it had a major issue with it not being grounded and if you touched it the thing would turn off. I then got a replacement unit and again the same thing. Now each new laptop I would spend forever transferring  data and licenses to the new laptop. I received a third replacement from HP that ended up being slower than the first one I purchased. This process went on for about 3 and a half months. I finally received a 17" Omen and I thought everything was good. I have since had to replace the keyboard as several of the keys broke. The external speakers no longer work, I have to hook up an external speaker to hear anything and now I guess I need a new battery as I get a battery failed error. I have had the computer up and running for 2 years and 2 months and now have to sink more money into it. I will definitely be looking at other brands for a new laptop. So if you are reading this forum to see if everyone loves their laptop I can assure I do not. 

Thanks for your time,

Karen in MA

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kfintoni I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I sent all the information asked of me but have not heard back from anyone. I did have someone message me on Facebook and offer me a credit towards a future purchase. If that can be done why not offer me the credit towards the new battery I needed to purchase. The battery was ordered and paid for on May 5th. I just checked the order and it was supposed to be delivered by May 7th. Five days later and it has not shipped yet. A laptop without a working battery is a paper weight.

Karen in MA

HP Recommended

So I received my new battery at the cost of about $180.00. I am going to attach pics of what I found when I went to change it. I am amazed that it did not catch fire and burn my house down. Again I am going to say the worst laptop I have ever had. To think it could have killed my family in a fire. 

Karen in MAIMG_2428.jpgIMG_2429.jpgIMG_2430.jpgIMG_2431.jpgIMG_2432.jpgIMG_2433.jpgIMG_2434.jpg

HP Recommended

@kfintoni Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.