Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problem

My new Omen 15 2020 (1660ti + AMD 4800h) has a very noticeable yellow tint. Almost like it's been set to 'warm.'

And this is compared directly to 3 phones (LG V30 / V60 / Samsung S20), two 100% sRGB dell monitors, two asus USB C monitors and a dell XPS (all 100% sRGB IPS matte panels)

Whilst the other monitors/screens have roughly the same temperature whites and all other colours too, the omen gives everything a distinctly warm hue. Can't do any real design work on this screen (main reason I got the laptop)

Night light is not on. I'll say that once more since HP support will probably still advise:

".....disable night light....have a good day!"

Repeat: Night light IS OFF.

I've tried display calibration. This just changes the sharpness, contrast and gamma a little. 

I've tried other display profiles, icc windows default and HP's one...minor changes but yellow tinted screen stays.

Has anyone got any more ideas on what I could do. Got this laptop yesterday from Amazon. If I can't get around this, it's definitely going to be returned.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Also been playing with AMD Radeon settings (integrated graphics). Colour temp, brightness, hue, contrast, saturation.

HP are lying. This display isn't even close to 100% sRGB. The yellow tint seems to be an inherent part of the display and all colours are inaccurate as a result. 

Purple leans towards pink, Dark browns are light brown. Natural green (i.e. snooker table) looks like fluorescent green. 

100% sRGB? Well done HP. 

My mistake for buying this nonsense, should have waited till notebookcheck got their hands on it and did a proper review. YouTube reviews are basically useless - no real depth of knowledge to be found there.

HP Recommended

@JoeBryan FFCLet's try increasing the brightness of the laptops and check if that makes a difference,

Also, you may want to perform a colour calibration to get the screen into your preference:

Before you start, make sure your monitor has been on for at least half an hour, so it's warmed up properly, and clean your monitor.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings

2. Click "Advanced display settings" at the bottom of the settings window.

display settings advanced

3. Verify that your monitor is set to the recommended, native resolution. If it's not, set it to the recommended resolution at least for this calibration process.

display settings resolution

4. Click "Color calibration" at the bottom of the advanced display settings window.

display settings color calibration

5. Click Next to start the colour calibration.

calibration1

The wizard will walk you through adjusting your colour settings. You'll:

• Set the display to the factory default colour settings, if your monitor allows you to do that
  • Adjust your display's gamma to match a sample image

calibration gamma

• Adjust the brightness and contrast

calibration brightness

Adjust the colour balance

calibration balance

At the end of the wizard, click Finish to save your settings.

calibration finish

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.