Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion gaming-16 a0030TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i  purchased a pavilion gaming laptop, i tried activating office many times but it comes back to free trial or purchase each time. there is sticer on my laptop which says "includes office home and student dont forget to activate" but i tried everything its not working..... will i have to purchase office on my own ?? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kriti33 Here's all you need to know about activating the Microsoft office program:

Microsoft Office is a collection of applications for personal and business productivity, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.

Office comes preinstalled on many HP computers with Windows 10. After you purchase an HP computer with Windows 10, you can:

• Activate an Office 365 subscription or free trial.

• Activate Office 2016 or 2013.

• Install an older version of Office.

• Buy Office from the Microsoft Store.

Office 365 and Office 2016 might activate automatically. Open the Office installer or application (Word, Excel), and then follow the on-screen prompts to activate Office.

NOTE: 

If you have any issues activating Office, download and install Reset MS Office AFO and AFOLB Settings – CPS (sp78285.exe), and then open any Office application to restart the activation process.

For more information about activating Office, see the Microsoft document Activate Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013 (in English).

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i tried to download that file, but it  said "code execution cannot proceed" due to some error hence failed to download and didnt reset office,is there any other way i can deal with this.... coz i am stuck in a tough situation with office not working on laptop...work is haulted...is there anyway i can know my product key?? or any other reset options ????? please help...

HP Recommended

@kriti33 Perhaps, you can create a new user account and check if that works as it's most likely an issue with the current user profile, as it should work without these issues, if nothing helps, you may need to reset the device after a data backup as there's no physical product key as such available, it's all encrypted on the device.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.