Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X QDJ39E5Q
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

bonjour,

Ma touche/barre espace est devenue totalement inopérante après avoir cafouillé (des sautes de fonctionnement/dysfonctionnements) ce matin. Hier encore, elle fonctionnait très bien (je fais ce message depuis un clavier externe pour que vous puissiez me lire convenablement)

le clavier est propre, le diagnotic a été fait et il y a un message d'erreur, le support Hp me  qu'il faut tout changer et me demande plus de 250 euros, sans aucune autre explication sur les raisons d'une telle avarie.

Pouvez-vous m'aider svp ?

--------------------------------

Hello, My key / space bar became totally inoperative after having messed up (operating swings / malfunctions) this morning. Yesterday it was still working fine (I am doing this message from an external keyboard so you can read it properly) the keyboard is clean, the diagnosis has been made and there is an error message, the Hp support me that everything must be changed and asks me for more than 250 euros, without any other explanation on the reasons for such a failure . Can you help me please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK thanks. You need to edit your post above and remove the serial number as per the forum TOS.

That is model OMEN X by HP Laptop 17-ap001nf.

Unfortunately, that model being 31/2 years old now and that series was known to have keyboard failures that were discovered later after years of ownership. HP does not have parts available for us to purchase on our own. When they did, the keyboard had to be purchased as a whole top piece, not just the keyboard part itself and was expensive. I am surprised HP offered to still fix it, but not surprised at the price.

Your only other alternative is what you are doing now with using an external keyboard.

Sorry I cannot offer anymore advice.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello and welcome to the English only forum for HP.

You gave an incorrect model number that I cannot look up.

Would you recheck that or post the product number instead.

Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The 7 digit Product Number will be listed in both those places.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer below!

HP Recommended

OK thanks. You need to edit your post above and remove the serial number as per the forum TOS.

That is model OMEN X by HP Laptop 17-ap001nf.

Unfortunately, that model being 31/2 years old now and that series was known to have keyboard failures that were discovered later after years of ownership. HP does not have parts available for us to purchase on our own. When they did, the keyboard had to be purchased as a whole top piece, not just the keyboard part itself and was expensive. I am surprised HP offered to still fix it, but not surprised at the price.

Your only other alternative is what you are doing now with using an external keyboard.

Sorry I cannot offer anymore advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.