Jedderz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

bios locked recording issue

HP Recommended
hp pavillion 15 gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, im having confusion about the bios of my gaming laptop.
i cannot record general desktop display capture on many softwares, as my onboard graphics automates at all times and operates, only excluding  when im gaming, otherwise my gtx 1050 comes in, and the collaboration of recording software demands and also using it for the general screen display somehow basically in the software shows no capture display, i can only use direct game display which doesnt record my home desktop or web browser or anything like that. anyway, more to the point of this, apparently my bios is locked. im very confused and frustrated as to why this is as if it wasnt i would be able to set my graphics card for certain things to my 1050 so i could stop this problem, i really do not understand why this is as it just creates more problems for me.
any way to resolve these issues?

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,294
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Jedderz 

Always post the full product number of your HP so we can know better how to help you. You can find the number in the HP Support Assistant.

The first part of your question is really confusing. I have no idea what you are trying to explain.

If your system is using switchable graphics, you can modify which graphics (dedicated or integrated) a certain program uses.

The second part about the locked bios is correct. HP locks their bio's partly to prevent users from making adjustments that might cause issues and create unnecessary warranty claims. HP does this across all HP systems, with rare exceptions to their Business class machines. There is nothing you can do to alter this. I'm sorry.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation