Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen 15-ce012ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this 

HP Omen 15-ce012ng 39,6 cm (15,6 Zoll Full HD IPS)  (Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB notenbook. The screen broke 1 year ago and I just connected my monitor and was fine with it. But now I wanted to remove the lid with the display that i can have better access to the power button and better cooling. For that i disconnected the display and then just cut all the cables that went from the down "PC" part to the upper part holding the display. But after rebooting it I now fail to connect to my bluetooth devices. My question is could it be that I have damaged something bluetooth related? Bluetooth always worked fine before this. And everything else is still working. I have cut the wires to the camera part and 2 other wires that were soldered to some kind of stickers but I just thought it would be something related to the display, and so, not important to me. 

Can somebody help me? The bluetooth should be located in the network card right? So cant be somewhere near the display

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have also checked the bluetooth in the device manager it says that the bluetooth device is working fine. But it cant find any bluetooth devices when I try to connect them in the settings

HP Recommended

Edit. The cable I cut must be some kind of bluetooth antenna. My bluetooth works if I place the device right next to the pc. When I try to connect the cut antenna (just primitively by making sure the ends touch each other) the bluetooth range is increased immediately, but the bluetooth speaker has a very bad connection with crackling sound. So my question is, can I replace this antenna or do I have to buy a whole new board? Which board would that be?

thanks!

HP Recommended

@brobe

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Yes this does sound like an antennae issue. I suggest you contact HP support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.