Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i've had the HP OMEN 15 laptop for about 6 months now.and today i was planning to take the bottom cover off for some cleaning.the top screw is easily removed.but the 2 bottom screw is really hard to remove,to the point where the screw is now broken.i can't screw it back in or unscrew it,the laptop function no problem but now i can't do any kind of maintenance on it.does HP warantee cover this kind of problem?i wanted to bring it to repair shop but im afraid it would void the warantee. any help is aprpeciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pbicez wrote:.
....but the 2 bottom screw is really hard to remove,to the point where the screw is now broken.i can't screw it back in or unscrew it,...

@pbicez 

You destroyed your machine and then claim warranty. I don't think vendors (including HP) would do that.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

if the top screws are also broken then yes it is my fault maybe because i use screwdriver that is to big or not using it properly.the top screw is fine,only the bottom screw that are broken.So i was thinking maybe it is a defective screw.But if i can't claim warranty,would HP accept service for something like this?i wouldn't mind paying a little bit since it's just a screw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.