pbicez
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

broken bottom screw on 2019 HP omen 15

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i've had the HP OMEN 15 laptop for about 6 months now.and today i was planning to take the bottom cover off for some cleaning.the top screw is easily removed.but the 2 bottom screw is really hard to remove,to the point where the screw is now broken.i can't screw it back in or unscrew it,the laptop function no problem but now i can't do any kind of maintenance on it.does HP warantee cover this kind of problem?i wanted to bring it to repair shop but im afraid it would void the warantee. any help is aprpeciated.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,008 25,605
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pbicez wrote:.
....but the 2 bottom screw is really hard to remove,to the point where the screw is now broken.i can't screw it back in or unscrew it,...

@pbicez 

You destroyed your machine and then claim warranty. I don't think vendors (including HP) would do that.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
pbicez
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if the top screws are also broken then yes it is my fault maybe because i use screwdriver that is to big or not using it properly.the top screw is fine,only the bottom screw that are broken.So i was thinking maybe it is a defective screw.But if i can't claim warranty,would HP accept service for something like this?i wouldn't mind paying a little bit since it's just a screw.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation