Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi community recently i bought a gaming Laptop.

Model:15-cb0xx

First days while gaming on battery my laptop worked perfect, but after a week my laptop while gaming on battery, it drops fps to 20-30, but gaming while charging my fps are 50-60. I don't know what to do, i tried every solution that was given on the other sites but non of them worked.

now i'm finally wiriting this text to community by hope for a solution, because i'm pretty sure gaming while charging is gonna damag my battery and i don't want to damage my battery's life...

if you are reading please give a solution it will be really apprecated...

btw my settings are set to high performance.

(sry for my bad english, beacause i'm a italian)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Singhkaran 

It would help us better if you include the full product number of the laptop. It can be found in the HP Support Assistant.

Gaming while plugged into the charger is recommended by HP and wont damage the battery.

But always gaming on battery only, will only bring the battery to its end of life faster because of the recycles you are putting on it.

The system throttles the power that the cpu uses while gaming on battery only, to conserve power. This is normal.

You can change the system settings to use maximum performance for the graphics card which will help a little, but still wont be as optimal as playing while plugged in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Singhkaran 

It would help us better if you include the full product number of the laptop. It can be found in the HP Support Assistant.

Gaming while plugged into the charger is recommended by HP and wont damage the battery.

But always gaming on battery only, will only bring the battery to its end of life faster because of the recycles you are putting on it.

The system throttles the power that the cpu uses while gaming on battery only, to conserve power. This is normal.

You can change the system settings to use maximum performance for the graphics card which will help a little, but still wont be as optimal as playing while plugged in.

HP Recommended

Thanks! @Photoray002 for the reply i didn't knew that it was normal to plug in the charger and play. But i appreciate your reply. Because now I don't have to worry about my battery life.

Thanks and bye!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.