Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
envy 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my hp envy 13 t laptop frames suddenly drops after 5 min of gaming with normal setting. this lap top is not for gaming but mx 250 can run some games with normal or low setting. AT first game is smooth but after some times frames dropp suddenly to very low.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Ashish3210 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that FPS drops while playing the games.

I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution; 

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)? 

Which games are causing these issues and are they online games or installed on your PC? 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums? 

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

  

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

  

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• Click Apply and ok...this should do the trick. 

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS. 
(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved) 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have already tried those steps before reporting to you. I could not find  any solution online and so decided to report to you.Games run fine for first 15-20min and then fps drops suddenly.Temperatures are always on the  underside of 75,so i  don't think gpu throttling is  the case here.Games I have played are gta 5,NFS hot pursuit,fifa 19......cpu use is 100% but gpu use is only 70% and less. gpu uses suddenly drops to about 15 10 and sometimes 0%.

HP Recommended

@Ashish3210

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you uninstall the graphics drivers and reinstall the drivers and update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Also, check for the windows update.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

No it is still not working, after gaming for 2,3 min frame rates drops suddenly.

HP Recommended

@Ashish3210

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggets you try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

If the issue still persists, perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

It is still not working, please tell me the best solution for this problem.

HP Recommended

@Ashish3210

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.