04-05-2017 08:33 PM
i bought a hp au624tx last week.i installed some games but every game is lagging above 60% battery power. game is working fine when connected to adaptor or when having a battery power below 60%.is there any problem with my laptop?
04-06-2017 08:38 PM
@PRABHAKARAN2798, welcome to the forum.
I am not certain why the games lag when the battery is over 60%, but I had an Omen Gaming Laptop and always played games with it plugged into power. Laptop components have a tendency of being power hungry even when optimized for gaming.
Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.
04-09-2017 11:10 AM
Thanks for reaching out! I would like to jump in with a suggestion
While I am not very sure about the reason for this issue, it might be caused due to the power management settings on your notebook. You can follow the steps mentioned below to try and fix this issue:
- Go to Control panel - Power options
- Now click on the "Change plan settings" next to the selected power plan.
- Click on "Change advanced power settings".
- Now, expand the "Graphics settings".
- Make sure the "Maximum performance" is selected on both battery & plugged in options.
- Apply the settings, restart your notebook and then check the performance.
- I would also recommend you to check the other settings under the advanced power options settings if the issue still persists.
Try going into NVIDIA CP > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Power Management > Prefer Max Performance. Then Apply, and then try running your game on battery.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee