Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au134tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is lagging while playing games always not mattar if it is charging or not.

i have all latest and updated drivers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tanishq, Thanks for your response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
Right-click the Windows desktop background (not the Start screen) and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
From the left menu, select Manage 3D settings, the Global Settings tab, and then select the Preferred Graphics processor.
From the list, select which graphics processor setting you would like to use:
Select High-performance if you want to let NVIDIA automatically manage the power and display settings for individual software titles, based on available profiles (see the Program Settings tab).
Select High-Performance if you want to maximize the visual appearance and speed for all software programs at the cost of using more battery power.
Select Integrated graphics if you want to use the least amount of battery power at the cost of an improved graphics experience.
Click Apply and close the Control Panel window when finished.

Refer this article to know more information about NVIDIA Optimus Graphics with Integrated Intel Graphics.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi! @Tanishq,Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that while playing games your PC your PC is lagging.

Please uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver from device manager.

Restart your PC.

Download and install latest version of HP graphics driver using this link.

Also, please update the BIOS using this link.

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sorry for delay in reply sir,
But Its not working
HP Recommended

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after updating the graphics driver and BIOS did not fix the issue.

I would suggest, uninstall the graphics driver from device manager, please install NVIDIA auto detect driver detect tool on your PC directly from NVIDIA website.

This will install the best graphics driver for your PC.

Please download the NVIDIA auto detect tool using this link.

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is also not working as it is asking to get latest version of java even after installing java

HP Recommended

@Tanishq

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

I'm curious to know which games are you having the slow performance issues with?

Also, while I await your response, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.

click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I hv already done this setting but its not working
I m playing following games
GTA V
CS GO
FIFA 14
PROTOTYPE 2
NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS
NEED FOR SPEED RUN
HP Recommended

It can be memory issues, overheating, or even hard drive bad sectors.
With the high-end processors, RAM & graphic card, performance is higher, but if there are faulty memory cards or hard drive it can affect.

Soon after powering on the laptop, press F2 To ever System Diagnostics, do the quick & comprehensive tests of HARD DRIVE & MEMORY. please post the results.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
All tests are passed all functions are working properly without any error
Now tell me what should i do
HP Recommended

Please try the steps recommended below.

Ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
Right-click the Windows desktop background (not the Start screen) and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
From the left menu, select Manage 3D settings, the Global Settings tab, and then select the Preferred Graphics processor.
From the list, select which graphics processor setting you would like to use:
Select High-performance if you want to let NVIDIA automatically manage the power and display settings for individual software titles, based on available profiles (see the Program Settings tab).
Select High-Performance if you want to maximize the visual appearance and speed for all software programs at the cost of using more battery power.
Select Integrated graphics if you want to use the least amount of battery power at the cost of an improved graphics experience.
Click Apply and close the Control Panel window when finished.

Refer this article to know more information about NVIDIA Optimus Graphics with Integrated Intel Graphics.

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.