Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new omen 15 laptop and I have a problem with the heating it's always between 85-96 while playing 

The laptop is new and I dont know what to do

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@User070620 , welcome to the forum.

There are several things that you can try to help keep the laptop cool:

1) Always use the laptop on a lap desk or other hard surface.  This will allow the air to flow into the laptop.

2) You can elevate one side of the laptop when using it.  Again, this will allow the air to flow around the battery.

3) Use a laptop cooling pad.  This will force cooler air into the vents.

4) Keep the laptop in a cooler location.

If none of these things help with the overheating, I suggest contacting the seller for help.  It could be that the thermal compound is not sufficient.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I even use laptop cooler for the laptop and it's still very hot it's goes to 87-97

should return it back or there is another soultion ?

HP Recommended

@User070620,

@User070620 wrote:

I even use laptop cooler for the laptop and it's still very hot it's goes to 87-97

should return it back or there is another soultion ?

Those temperatures are not acceptable!  The TDP for the processor is 100C and at the temps that you mention it will begin to throttle.  This reduces the performance considerably.  I suggest that you contact the seller for help.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.