Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Model 15-dc0019np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ribeiro19_0-1592824202745.pngRibeiro19_1-1592824479139.png

Good afternoon,
The sound driver of this model needs to be updated by HP since it is not compatible with new versions of windows. The HP experience has stopped working. If I try to activate it it will look like it appears in the image (you cannot select any mode). And when trying to select another one it just turns off, the same thing happens with the connected headphones (I can't select any option).

I tried to follow the instructions here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/hp-immersive-audio-Surround-Sound-effect-is-missing/t...
a similar problem. I effectively reinstalled the HP sound drive provided for my model. And when reinstalling said that it was no longer supported for my version of Windows.

I hereby ask you to release a new version of the sound drive for this model. Or scratch a way for it to work even with incompatibility.

Best regards,
Ribeiro19.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ribeiro19

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ribeiro19

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the Bios, chipset and audio driver using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ribeiro19_0-1593328681122.png

Sem Título.png

Ribeiro19_1-1593328851341.png

Good Morning,

@Sandytechy20
Thank you for assistance. But this solution does not solve the problem. Since I have the PC completely updated (including Chip7). The problem is related to a bug in the HP program. And I think it has something to do with the sound drive. But if you need more information, I'm completely open to help. I know that programs often have problems (bugs).

I don't know if in the new Windows 10 update there was any change in the sound area. But as I already said when I tried to reinstall the sound drive (the newest) with your app, it appeared to me that that software was not compatible with my system (and my system was and is completely updated, so I conclude that the driver HP's sound is not updated, or there is a compatibility problem, I don't know now you just had to do intensive debuging on the source code, I don't know, if I had access to the code, XD).
But either way I am waiting for an answer with the solution, if more information is needed feel free.

Best regards,
Ribeiro19.

HP Recommended

@Ribeiro19

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.