Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen hp 17 w114nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

my Hp omen 17 keeps freezing.

I bought it 5 days ago and it has frozen multiple times already. when it freezes the audio gets really stuttery and nothing on the screen works anymore, untill it decides to make no noise whatsoever and just have a frozen screen, there is nothing I can do in this position except for holding the power button to make it restart.

Is there anything I can do ? it freezes at random intervals and there is no connection i see between the freezes, once it froze while downloading, the other times it froze while palying different games.

THANK YOU

Taho

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @TheTaho,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding random freezes of the computer. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a software or Windows update?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer and check if the hardware is fully functional.
  • Does it freeze only on browsers or working on the internet?
  • If that is the case, did you check with different browsers?

For now let us first establish that there is no hardware issue with the computer.

Please run extended diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2tNvsbN and check if they pass.

• If any component fails, It will display a failure code. Please make a note of it and contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.
  • If diagnostics pass then Please follow these steps:
  • Please install the latest HP support assistant and run all the updates for bios, chipset, network, audio and display. Then check if the issue gets resolved.
  • Please make sure to run all Windows 10 updates also and check again.
  • For further assistance please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2tNvKPN  for  HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎
  • If it is happening only on browsers, then reset the existing browser and also check with other browsers like Chrome or Firefox

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @TheTaho,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding random freezes of the computer. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a software or Windows update?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer and check if the hardware is fully functional.
  • Does it freeze only on browsers or working on the internet?
  • If that is the case, did you check with different browsers?

For now let us first establish that there is no hardware issue with the computer.

Please run extended diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2tNvsbN and check if they pass.

• If any component fails, It will display a failure code. Please make a note of it and contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.
  • If diagnostics pass then Please follow these steps:
  • Please install the latest HP support assistant and run all the updates for bios, chipset, network, audio and display. Then check if the issue gets resolved.
  • Please make sure to run all Windows 10 updates also and check again.
  • For further assistance please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2tNvKPN  for  HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎
  • If it is happening only on browsers, then reset the existing browser and also check with other browsers like Chrome or Firefox

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TheTaho,

I am really happy for you that the issue has been resolved. You've displayed tremendous patience, commendable technical expertise and great resolve to try and get the issue fixed. Finally, it was a tough nut to crack it got cracked. Kudos to you for a job well done. It is greatly appreciated. 🙂

You've been simply amazing and meticulous in your troubleshooting paying thorough attention to detail. 🙂 Brilliant stuff. 🙂 Kudos to you for that.

You've done great here. Trust me I've done everything I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. I genuinely hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this asAccepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

im having this same issue. what was the problem? which steps did you do to fix it? i can barely get mine to turn on before it freezes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.