Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z6AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have hp pavilion gaming laptop with i7 11370H with RTX 3050 4GB, bought this in april 23, been playing RDR 2, valorant since then, started having issues from july. while playing RDR 2, laptop shuts down by itself, CPU temp was 92 max, valorant used to give me 170-210 FPS now it only gives me 120-155. i have updated my drivers, BIOS, cleaned my fan. warframe crashes all of a sudden now even tho CPU temp is not above 94. used to play RDR 2 for more than 5 hours, now can't even play for more than 2 hours, valorant also keeps crashing and says you need to check if your drivers are upto date even tho they are. Anyone who can help me fix tehse problems (laptop came with windows 11 and i downgraded it to windows 10)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @abraham69,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP Pavilion Gaming 15 laptop is running slower and laggy than before, there could be several reasons for this performance degradation. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve your laptop's performance.

• Check for Background Processes: Make sure there are no resource-intensive background processes running, such as heavy downloads, updates, or applications using excessive CPU or memory.
  • Scan for Malware: Perform a thorough scan for malware and viruses using reliable antivirus software. Malware can significantly slow down your system.
  • Update Drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can lead to performance issues. Visit the official HP website and update your laptop's drivers, especially graphics, chipset, and network drivers.
  • Disk Cleanup: Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool in Windows to remove temporary files, system caches, and unnecessary files that could be taking up space and slowing down your laptop.
  • Disk Defragmentation: If you're using a traditional hard drive (HDD), consider defragmenting your disk. However, if you have a solid-state drive (SSD), avoid defragmentation as it can reduce the lifespan of the SSD.
  • Check Storage Space: Ensure that you have enough free storage space on your hard drive or SSD. Running out of space can impact system performance.
  • Manage Startup Programs: Disable unnecessary startup programs that launch with Windows. These programs can consume valuable resources and slow down your boot time.
  • Upgrade RAM: If your laptop has limited RAM, upgrading to a higher amount can significantly improve multitasking performance.
  • Monitor Temperature: Overheating can cause performance throttling. Use software to monitor your laptop's temperature and clean any dust from the vents to improve airflow.
  • Uninstall Unused Software: Remove applications and programs that you no longer use. This can free up resources and improve overall system performance.
  • Optimize Power Settings: Adjust your power settings to a balanced or high-performance mode. This can prevent the system from throttling its performance to conserve energy.
  • Consider a Fresh Install: If none of the above steps work, consider performing a clean installation of the operating system. This can eliminate any software-related issues that might be causing the slowdown.
  • Hardware Upgrades: If your laptop is still slow after trying these steps, consider upgrading your hardware components, such as adding more RAM or replacing the storage drive with an SSD.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.