Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-ce011na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i attempt to factory reset my laptop i get a message saying cannot make changed so changes are undone and i dont know why i am getting this error and the first reason i am doing this is because my laptop does not update to the newest windows setting and also with this my nvidia card also doesnt update when i try and i dont know why i have had major problems the last week and i dont know why

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the internal factory reset option isn't working, try the bootable USB recovery drive option.

The media created by the cloud recovery tool will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use the cloud recovery tool.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

yes i understand but it is telling me to backup my files in the link you sent but i dont want that i literally want a factory reset not to have the same thing again

HP Recommended

I don't understand what you mean.

If you were trying to factory reset your notebook using the internal recovery system, you would lose all files installed after you purchased the notebook that way too.

The info page is just telling you that you should do that if necessary.

If you have no files to back up or don't care about losing them, use the cloud recovery tool.

It's basically a bootable factory reset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.