Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get my mouse and my keyboard to work at the same time. I don't have a palm check anything on my mouse settings. I have a Synaptic  click pad. v.19.3.31.31. The drivers are all up to date but that doesn't help. I need to be able to move my mouse while the keyboard in use.  I have turned the smart sense on the mouse all the way down to 0 but that only allows for 1 sec of mouse movement while keyboard is in use. Then the mouse locks up and stops responding while keys are being pressed. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @morganstar2013

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Keyboard and Mouse issue. 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Re-install Keyboard -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Keyboards.
3) Right click on the keyboard drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Step 2 Re-install Touchpad - 

1) Right click on the start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".
2) Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices".
3) Right click TouchPad and then click on uninstall and restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer -

Step 3 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 4 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Download and install the BIOS, Chipset drivers from this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I haven't tried your solution yet. I'm just checking. If I uninstall my drivers for my keyboard and my touchpad and restart my computer I will have no way to use my computer. Please explain how that is going to help and not cause more problems. Is there some step where i install other drivers that I am just missing?  Or you forgot to mention? Just checking before I totally screw myself. How do I use my keyboard and my mouse with no drivers? Please explain in detail.

HP Recommended

@morganstar2013

Re-installing the driver will help to resolve the driver issue. HPSA and Windows Updates will install the latest software/ driver on your computer. 

Let me know how that goes. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.