Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15dc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
is omen 15 dc 1092tx a 2019 model
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jayant02 , welcome to the forum.

The Maintenance and Servicing Guide states that the First Edition was printed May 2018 and the Third Edition was printed May 2019.  It is difficult to know if the exact notebook that you are looking at is 2018 or 2019 based on this information.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@jayant02 , welcome to the forum.

The Maintenance and Servicing Guide states that the First Edition was printed May 2018 and the Third Edition was printed May 2019.  It is difficult to know if the exact notebook that you are looking at is 2018 or 2019 based on this information.

HP Recommended

why cant hp provide fan speed control to users and also my second fan always runs at 200 rpms no matter whats the system temperature is, is it a normal ? 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jayant02!

The fans are thermally controlled.  Therefore, they will run at a set temperature until the temperature reaches the next level.  You could try one of the apps that allow you to control the fans to see if they help: Speedfan, MSI Afterburner, etc.

HP Recommended

my main question is Q. Is it normal that one fan is running at 4300 rpm and the other one is running around 120 rpm?

and I`ve already tried both afterburner and speed fan but none of them worked. 

thanks for help!!  🙂

HP Recommended

@jayant02, fans running at different temperatures can be normal.  It depends on where the fan is located in the case and the components that are near it.  Also, one fan may run at a constant speed and the other may be regulated.

HP Recommended

why hp is not providing manual fan speed control for laptops (specially for its omen gaming series) like other laptop vendors?

because if we can max out fan speed just before playing any game it can help reduce temperature, because on its auto mode fans only kick in when  temperature is already high.

my friend has a acer laptop which provide manual speed control for fan and he always do the same (max out fan speed) which help reduce  temperature.

Can hp please provide fan speed control to its users in next update. (max and off settings will do)

thank you 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.