Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17t-cb000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

out of nowhere last night, my keyboard just shut off it's lighting. i knew that meant i would have to dive back into the gaming hub/light center and redo it all AGAIN (this has happened a couple times) but i figured it would be a bit better because i had saved it last time, i was sure. i go back in and not only is it not saved, but the entire system is changed and everything is ***bleep***. still, i tried to get it back to what it was and i found the colors (or as close as i could figure) but the colors are all either washed out or wrong and idk why. i've updated everything through HP support assistant as recommended on an older thread, i've updated windows this morning. in order, i have a picture of what my set up used to look like and what i was trying to get back to, and i have 2 of what i'm left with. can someone tell me what i need to do for my laptop to not be ugly? do is it a hardware issue, even?

my original setup and goalmy original setup and goal  as you can see, the colors on the screen are nowhere near what's actually happening on the boardas you can see, the colors on the screen are nowhere near what's actually happening on the board  it's like if there's any red in the color, the red dominates the rest of itit's like if there's any red in the color, the red dominates the rest of it

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ktn7 

(1) Plugin Power Adapter !

(2) Uninstall Gaming Hub SDK Package

(3) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.46 Rev.A41.1 MBMay 9, 2022Download

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

2031.15.0.1743 Rev.B17.4 MBDec 14, 2020Download

(4) Install touchpad driver

ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver

22.2.18.2 Rev.B2.6 MBJul 15, 2020Download

(5) Reboot !

(6) Install Gaming Hub SDK Package

OMEN Gaming Hub SDK Package

1.0.54 Rev.B48.2 MBFeb 18, 2022Download

(7) Test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for answering so quickly! i actually do have those drivers installed already although not those later versions. when i scanned for any driver updates for them,  it said i had the best ones available for my computer. i still tried downloading one of the drivers just to see what would happen (the MEI one) and my current OS doesn't support it. considering i just updated it today and that that driver came out in 2020, i'm thinking it's simply not an option. i did also update my BIOS this morning, as well. the only other thing i would need to do would be reinstall the gaming hub as i didn't do that. i just don't know if that would be worth it since i'm not able to get those updated drivers. would it be worth it to try or do we know it's not going to work without the drivers? thanks again for taking the time to answer so thoroughly!

HP Recommended

Hello @ktn7 

(1) You can clone your drive or create a windows restore point.

(2) Then you can start experimenting ...

Did you dive into this documentation ?

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3912817-3737596-16

( See Section Lighting )

ub6424_0-1656195330027.png

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.