Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-au-137tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi!

my sad story is my laptop was working fine 2 months ago my battey had some issues i think it was dead so i removed it out of my laptop and since then i'm getting massive lag spikes during online games ONLY,  other regular games are working fine my "gpu drivers are updated, no heating issues, no ressources issues. no network issues" same games were working fine 2 months ago but now i cant play any online game. i'm not an expert but i think my laptop is having some power issues. 

any help would be appreciated. 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @waqasbajwa 

So this only happened when you removed the battery?

Not sure what could be happening then if you tried all those steps.

Did you also make sure the Nvidia control panel is not set to use Preferred graphics processor in Auto Mode? If you have that option, make it set to the Nvidia card only.

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

Also try setting the global settings tab in 3D Settings to power management mode > prefer maximum performance. Even if your battery is removed, I have seen this setting make a difference for a couple of users.

global settings.JPG

I think your model will have the UEFI Diagnostics partition. If it does, with the laptop off, turn on the power and rapidly tap the F2 key until the diag menu opens. You can run individual tests via Component Tests or run everything under Extensive Test (will take a few hrs).

HP Recommended

Hi thx  for replying I already tried these steps my pc is on max performance and I'm using my dedicated gpu.the main thing is its only happening when I play online games otherwise it's normal with regular games.sorry for my bad English I hope you understand.and yes it's happening since I remove my battery.

HP Recommended

Did you run the UEFI hardware diagnostics I mentioned also?

Otherwise I would not know whats wrong with your system, sorry.

HP Recommended

Yes I did there were two options memory test and hard drive both tests has been passed.

HP Recommended

Oh OK. Thats not the complete set of diagnostics then. I thought your model was new enough to have it.

There is a Windows version that "maybe" will shed some light on the power issue. It should have a more complete Component Tests option.

You can install it from the link below...

HP Hardware Diagnostics download

HP Recommended

hi i'm sending you some screenshots there is one error it says my HDD is not working properly or it is faulty but the main thing is there are other games in it too they are working fine.i also try to install my files in SSD but i'm still getting lag.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

HP Recommended

Failure code 305

Hard Disk 1 Full Test Failure

Your secondary drive is failing and needs to be replaced. Were your games being installed to that 2nd drive?

IF so, that would explain the lag spikes.

Your laptop expired the warranty a year ago, so you would need to replace the HDD yourself.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

HP Recommended

I have 6 games in that hdd they are all working fine I have two online multiplayer games both are laging i even install them in ssd but results are same.

HP Recommended

IF you disconned the HDD and run just the games from the SDD, does it work ok?

Assuming D is on the HDD of course.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.