Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I tried that too but it dosent work.

HP Recommended

You need to be more specific since im not there to see things. How does it not work?

The games still lag or the operating system wont work correctly when only the SSD is connected?

Only two games out of 6 lag? What 2 games are lagging?

Is your laptop case still open so you can plug the HDD cable back in? If so, do that and show me a screen shot of the Disk Manager please.

Did you ever create your HP USB Recovery media with a 16GB usb pen drive?

HP Recommended

as i mentioned before im getting this lag since last two months when i removed my battery.that time i thought my OS is having some ssues so i recently install a new operating system but the issue remains,and yes thats true there are 6 games in same HDD but only 2 are laging and both are online multiplayer games the lag  is so swear that even the background music start laging the lag lasts for only 8 to 9 seconds.the games that are laging are:

World of warships .

Heroes and generals.

i even tried to contact there player support but they too couldn't find any error so they just start blaming my internet, games were working  fine on same internet before this problem.here is the screen shot of my disk management.sad.PNG

i create a regualr recovery drive using advanced recovery tools but i never created a recovery drive using hp pen drive.

sadsas.PNG

HP Recommended

as i mentioned before im getting this lag since last two months when i removed my battery

That is not what I was asking. Rather than go round and round in circles at this point, I will suggest you create your HP RECOVERY usb drive. This is NOT the same thing as the Windows recovery drive you made from the control panel.

Instructions on how to create the HP Factory Recovery...

Only one set of media can be created, so if it has already been created, you cannot create another one. Usually a blank 16GB USB pen flash drive is sufficient.
  1. Search for and open HP Recovery Manager.
  2. In Recovery Manager, click Create recovery media.
    Recovery manager with Create recovery media selected
  3. Click I Accept to the notification that only one set of recovery media can be made.
    Then click Continue.
    Recovery Manager with I accept and Continue selected
  4. The media detection page opens.
      caution:
    If you select to create the recovery media in a USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be able to hold more than the minimum amount of data displayed on the screen; not all the capacity in a USB drive is usable. Example: If the minimum amount of data required shows 16 GB, use an 18 GB drive for better results. If the size of the USB drive is larger than 32 GB, the extra size on the flash drive might not be usable after the recovery media is created. Please be aware that all data on the selected USB flash drive is lost after the recovery media is created.
    Select whether to create the recovery media on a USB flash drive or CDs and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Media detection page

Select whether to create the recovery media on a USB flash drive or CDs and follow the on-screen instructions.
    For example: Choosing the USB Flash Drive:
    Recovery Manager with USB flash drive selected

HP Recommended

I would suggest you clean install the HP Recovery onto the SSD, but leave the HDD disconnected first.

Update Windows after the install is completed before installing a game to test with.

Continue testing without connecting the HDD first, to ensure the SDD is working as it should.

Connecting the HDD prior to installing the HP recovery might  possibly wipe all data from the HDD as the recovery media will try to add the recovery partition back to the HDD.

HP Recommended

I will say, I suggest this clean install of Windows to the SSD, before considering purchasing a new battery. The fact that there was a failure of one of the drives is more concerning to me than the battery. If reinstalling the OS does not fix the issue, you are not out any money and you will know its not software related.

BUT... Otherwise I am not sure why only World of Warships and Heros are the only games lagging. It might be driver related or a Windows update causing the issue.  You could try installing an older graphics driver several versions back.

You might ask on their forum what would be cause the issue, sinces its only those two games.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.