Yeungster
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop battery life and additional use

OMEN by HP - 15-ce003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey guys, I bought my hp omen a few months ago and so far all i've used it for is gaming. In a few years time i will (hopefully) be going to university and was wondering if my laptop would be suitable for taking notes in lectures or simple essay work, as buying another laptop would be a hasstle. 

I was wondering what the battery life was like doing undemading tasks such as typing documents or watching movies.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
78,288 78,187 9,635 20,832
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yeungster

At this stage, powerful laptops will consume MORE power, that is a rule of physics. More powerful batteries are much heavier and this is also a rule of physics.

All HP Omen machines are games machines and they are hungry for power. There are many HP machines which are suitable uni (light, long battery life) such as Spectre x360 series, Elitebook x360 series ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Yeungster
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok thanks for the help, although I'm sure you can understand that spending £1000 on a gaming laptop and then a couple years later buying a £600 work laptop can be rather inconvenient. Well hopefully with a battery plan optimised for battery life over performance the laptop will survive through a couple lectures a day. I do find that the laptop does charge fairly fast so that may be the saving grace for my parent's money 😂.
0 Kudos
Yeungster
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ah right, thanks for the help. Could you leave a link as to where I could purchase the items from.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation