Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 (2019)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i am having a spectre x360 ( 2019 ) and i'm experiencing a problem with it, I play fortnite with it and i am getting low fps around 30 sometimes 15 with the lowest game setting, I saw a video on youtube for a guy having the same laptop as my but the previous model ( 2018 ) and he is having a great fps around 80, I tried to update my graphics driver and it is up to date now but the problem still existing, According to intel website i should run the game with a medium game setting but that is impossible to me as i get a horrible experience with the lowest setting imagine what would happen with i higher setting !! am very disappointed

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Namar 

I couldn't begin to compare anything as you didn't post what model you have.

Please post the Product Number located in the HP Support Assistant.

Comparing to someone else YouTube video from last year without knowing what he exactly had? There are so many options in specs, its hard to fairly compare to. Also, Fortnite's requirements jumped up not too long ago.

Ill await your response.

HP Recommended

1D6F7BD6-AA32-4866-B5BE-0EABC73A2B9B.png

hello @Photoray002

as you said fortnite's requirement jumped up and now i'm getting between 0 and 20 fps ;( 

i didn't clearly get what you mean by asking what model did i have but this is what i found in HP support assistance 

46173DDF-CC1B-4AC7-B773-8B86797A7114.jpeg

HP Recommended

The Product number is what I mentioned. You should remove the Serial number above as per HPs terms of service.

You're running UHD 620 graphics. Some people claim its ok, but in my opinion, its never going give a pleasant experience because integrated graphics is low end. The minimum fps it will produce also is what can be a real drawback.

The X360 is not a gaming rig, more of a nice business/school work machine because of its thin size and aluminum case.

You might try some of the tweaks mentioned in this article.

Scroll down to Fortnite on modern, integrated graphics.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/play-fortnite-intel-hd-graphics

HP Recommended

dear @Photoray002

thanx for responding, the link you sent was very helpful to me, however, according to intel website the setting i should run the game with the corresponding setting 

14DCBA79-921F-4992-BCDD-B2F7D8F0E16B.jpeg

  

0A629AEE-376C-4131-8726-766ECF513ECA.jpeg

  i find it strange, why would they recommend me these setting while the lowest setting isn't even satisfying 

HP Recommended

You seem to be misinterpreting things immensely.

1. I said to only post the Product number, so you deleted your numbers only to repost an image that's showing the Serial Number again.  Its for your own security that I mention this.

2, The article I linked to doesn't show changing the graphics settings to Medium, but to Low. I don't know where you are getting that image from. Its an older article posted in 2018, but gives some details on editing Fortnite's - The configuration file, then scroll down to Fortnite on modern, integrated graphics which talks about further settings.

That might help a little, but beyond that, I don't see how you are going to get much more performance with the laptops graphics and that specific game.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.