Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN [Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community, I've recently bought a HP OMEN [Personal Information Removed] laptop from a guy off the internet. It is working perfectly, boot times are a bit long for what I expect from a SSD but it is ok overall. The strange thing about it is that the fans are always at 100% even though I disabled the always on fan in BIOS. I'm always prompted on bootup with a screen that states that the PC has turned off because of overheating, which it has not and I've replaced the thermal paste aswell.

The biggest problem and the one I cannot live with is that my dedicated GPU does not seem to work. It is not detected in Device Manager and I can't install drivers for it either. On a fresh install of windows 10 I can see an "Unknown device" in Device Manager which eventually disappears once windows installs drivers and a "PCI Device", "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller" and "PCI Memory Controller", all with yellow triangles. They usually all disappear if I let windows choose drivers and install them automatically but now I don't want it to do this because I would lose them. I've tried manually installing drivers, looking in the BIOS for anything related to the GPU but found nothing, I manually installed all the drivers from the HP site. Now... i'm kinda lost, I'm worried that this might be a hardware issue and I really don't want this :(. 

Also, I can't access the "My PC" in the OMEN Gaming HUB because it always states that I need to install some drivers which I do but after I close and open the program, or I reboot, it says the same thing again. I've tried uninstalling all the drivers with DDU and installing them again. The hardware instance path for "PCI device" is PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_8217103C&REV_01\00000001004CE00000 .

Thank you in advance and I look forward for your answers.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The actual model number is 15-ax202nq .

HP Recommended

@ParadoniXOMEN 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05489374

It came with  FreeDOS 2.0. The previous owner may not install Windows and driver properly, he/she may try to fix it and at the end he/she gave up. My suggestion: Perform a clean install and run updates few times to get it up first the work out from there.

Please use the following link to create Windows 10 installation media then install it to your machine.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.