Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop (hp pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx) keeps randomly freezing and then resetting. It "seems" to happen mostly when playing games. However not all games. The one it does it the most often with is a non intensive much older game. It has happened just at random multiple times and at least 3 to 4 times a day. It even happens some times when I'm not even really using it, for example,  I was on a call yesterday just sitting in the main menu of a game when it froze and reset. It has done it browsing the internet and even just watching netflix. I'm not a computer guy and have been doing everything I can trying to research and figure this out for a month now. I am completely frustrated and confused. If anyone has any ideas whatsoever I would greatly appreciate your time and effort in helping me. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Daddhammer , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My laptap has a problem when on it shows the window sign and than unitl 1/2 hr no sign to proceed furher with the start up, after several attempts to restart nothing is happening. It shows the mircosoft starting and then blank.

Regard

APKGAL

HP Recommended

@Allo123 , welcome to the forum.

Please start your own thread in the appropriate Forum.  You will receive more responses if you do so.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.